Saturday 20 August 2011

I've lost my glasses!

The Inbetweeners Movie (2011)
Chosen by me because I like to go to the cinema a lot.


Not entirely horrible.
But mostly.
Filled with terrible caricatures going through jokes that were old when Carry On Abroad did them. The central narrator's viewpoint is so banal and pointless, I hate him not for his personality dysfunctions but on the 'meta' level as he won't shut up telling us things the movie is showing you anyway (the best joke in the film rather succintly and smartly essays what his social problems can feel like as everyone else leaves happily through the school doors but the one in front of him remains locked).
It's all broadly overplayed, as though trying to reach the cheap seats though Greg Davies sneering, hammy teacher is at least fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment