Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Well, why not? There have been giants before!

The Giant Gila Monster (1959)
Chosen by Mark Hooton who had this to say: 'Part two [though actually the third one of his I've watched - Me] of my attempt to drive David insane with terrible old school monster B-movies and this time it’s the Giant Gila Monster. The films were pretty much nothing happens 90% of the time and the other 10% you’re too bored to care. Again this film is great with a mate, late at night when you’re in a silly mood; I spent most of it doing bizarre southern accents and blaming the different animals for the teens disappearing, mostly desert liiiiions and mountain liiiiiions.'

Terrible. Dull. Terribly dull.
The Gila seems to act like a crotchety old man. Angry at teenagers, salesmen (actually the lone guy might not have been a salesman i may have fallen asleep and dreamt that) and noisy cars and trains.
Perhaps if they had played up this angle ('The body of a giant monster! The mind of a cantankerous ol' coot!') it could have been fun. But I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment