Monday 1 August 2011

I've met a lot of pin-up girls, but I've never been able to pin one down.

A Night In Casablanca (1946)
Chosen by me because The Marx Bros. always seem to come up in the Quad Quiz and I've never actually seen any of their films.


I don't recall this one of the Marx Bros. films coming up in the quiz and there's probably a good reason for that - it's not great.
There's a few classic Groucho one liners and a terrific bit of physical comedy involving the brothers messing with a fleeing Nazi's packing but a lot of the jokes don't land (Chico's mute telling of who is trying to kill Groucho goes on too long as does a bit involving them flying a plane).
Still it was worth it to finally see one of their movies, must see some of the more famous efforts, if only so we can try and get a better score at the next quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment