Friday 17 June 2011

Fuck you, Santa Clause!

Black Christmas (2006)
Chosen by Brian Marshall who had this to say about it: 'A Christmas themed slasher movie to get you through the cold winter nights. Sadly it's mostly run of the mill with no real scares but still mildly entertaining. '


A friend once said the reason I don't like watching horror films is that I hate not being in control. Even with comedies I don't have to laugh out loud unless I want to for the most part. But I hate how even dreary, second hand rubbish like this can make me feel uncomfortable. People aren't really being killed, I don't even care about most of the cast, yet I tense up at the slightest thing. I hate that feeling so much. So much.
Michelle Trachtenburg (finishing my Whedon related theme week that had already stopped being horror/comedies anyway but still) is about the only good thing here. The kills are gory but rather limp and despite my dislike of the originals film's frustrating ambiguity the over explanation and flashbacks given here is probably worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment