Tuesday 11 January 2011

I can't do this every morning, it's way too corny

The Next Three Days (2010)


Chosen by me because I like to go to the cinema a lot.
A solid thriller for the most part, well played by the leads and paced by writer/director Paul Haggis. I'm pretty sure I watched the well regarded original French film but barely recall it, and this one too I imagine will fade in the memory with nothing espcially interesting to recommend it. It miss-judges one moment (prominently displayed in the trailer as Elizabeth Banks almost gets hit by a truck) so badly that the next (and indeed last) 10/15 minutes of the film feel weirdly deflated, a pointless stunt done with shockingly bad CGI.
Community fans Professor Professorson himself Kevin Corrigan turns up as a drug dealer (or is he? well, yes he is, this film isn't a conspiracy thriller after all - or is it? no, it isn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment