Sunday 23 January 2011

I've got lady wood

The Dilemma (2011)
Chosen by me as I like going to the cinema a lot and because the line was too long and I missed my chance for Black Swan.

In a recent interview director Ron Howard claimed he hadn't made a comedy in quite some time.
Well, he still hasn't.
Dreadfully earnest (Vaughn has an out loud conversation with God that comes from nowhere) and painfully long this wants to be a serious examination of the terrible position a friend could be in but also a wacky comedy. Channing Tatum and Queen Latifah clearly weren't told about the overly dramatic side of the film and overplay to the full, but at least the inject a modicum of life and energy into the dull preceedings.
It works for about the first ten minutes, showing the close friendship between two likeable leads before the plot kicks in and Kevin James is given nothing else to do but fret over the sound of a car's engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment