Friday 14 January 2011

What can I say? I was raised by wolves.

Hoodwinked (2005)

Chosen by Owen Todd who had this to say about the film: 'I recommended Hoodwinked because I feel it is underated animated film. It's funny, has catchy songs and the plot is cleverly woven between the four characters sides of the story to try and keep you guessing as to who the 'goodie bandit' is.'


Oof. Second recommended film and another I didn't like. Sorry guys.
Absolutely terrible, cheap looking animation amplifies the blandness of this Shrek wannabe. Patrick Warburton is one of the great voices of film and teevee but has little to work with here as the film gets so worried about being clever it forgets to be funny. It has some moderately interesting ideas (the big bad wolf is re-imagined as a crusading reporter) but does nothing with them in it's thankfully short running time (cut out the horrid forgettable songs and some of the pacing problems might be gone).

No comments:

Post a Comment