Thursday 24 March 2011

Every man we've killed has been replaced by worse!

Munich (2005)
Chosen by me from my pile of DVDs and because I have a thing for Daniel Craig


Generally a compelling treatment of the price of violent revenge. The never ending circle of murder and pain that Israel has been both victim and perpetrator of.
The performances are great, an interestingly diverse cast including a James Bond and two James Bond villains.
One moment, playing Bana fucking his wife interspersed with a hijacking, is very silly and there are some   filmic contrivances (I don't know the real history, but a scene ratchetting up the tension with the possibility of an innocent young girl being killed seems too designed for an audience) but this is one of the better Spielberg movies, a film maker I find very talented but often can't stand his films themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment